Passwords are a normal part of life for us. But when you see them in a Capture the Flag, usually something fishy is going on. Remember what we said earlier about you not being able to beat math? When it comes to passwords, you won't beat math. If the password is short, or in a dictionary, you will break it. If it is not, you never will.
- Read this: http://www.passwordanalytics.com/theory/passwords/
- Read Passwords 101 and submit one example each of the three ways you authenticate yourself.
- Read Good Passwords 101 and submit a description of what makes a good password
- Read Strength 101 and submit a description of what makes a strong password
- Read Pass-Phrase and describe how pass phrases balance being a good password and a strong password.
- Read Cracking and explain which technique an attacker would use to attack a password that they knew to be 6 random alpha numeric characters
- Read Cracking and explain which technique an attacker would use to attack a password that they knew to be three random words added together.
- Read this and follow interesting links: https://www.usna.edu/CyberDept/sy110/lec/cryptHashPswd/lec.html