The coolest part of digital logic is that starting from the absolute smallest pieces of circuitry we are able to build anything. From a single gate, we can build complex logic, and from that complex logic, we can structure them together to create the ability to process programs. This is the fundamentals basis of computing.
Read these for a better appreciation:
- Digital logic: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/digital-logic
- How long is a bit? A nibble? A byte? A megabyte?
- What is a bitwise operator? How do they work?
- What is a bit shift? How does that work?
- Explain how digital logic is an essential part of computing.
- What are logic gates?
- How do logic gates relate to bitwise operators?