Read this: https://jamesclear.com/motivation
This section is a work in progress, but it breaks down to a few key ideas:
- Motivation is about building routine and taking the mental effort out of doing the work, and making it mentally straining to not do the work. This is why building habits is so important.
- There are a lot of things that feel like you are working, but aren't really working
- Watching video courses because you don't have the mental capacity right now (guilty!)
- Scrolling Twitter (guilty!)
- Gathering resources and skimming papers for things to read more later (guiltyyyyyyy!!)
- Schedule your motivation and do not allow any distractions to occur during this time.
Alright now, time to keep going. Only thing that separates you from your previous self is how much work you are willing to put in.
Last modified: Saturday, 21 November 2020, 4:14 PM