Protect Your IP Address
If you make a request to a website or send/receive any data across the internet, you have given your router's IP address. This request can take any form, from a visiting a link, viewing an image hosted there, or being redirected through a short link. You can also be tricked into opening a file that sends a request out to the internet, running a program which profiles your computer and sends out a request, or even running a terrible DDOS tool that makes no attempt to hide that it is running on your own network. An attacker can use these requests to identify someone through a 3rd party service.
- Visit http://www.whatsmyip.org/more-info-about-you/
- How much information did they know about you?
- Use this site to shorten a URL and get your IP https://iplogger.org/shortener/?
- Use this site to create a hidden image to get your IP. Send it to yourself via email. https://iplogger.org/invisible/.
- Visit: https://canarytokens.org/generate and make various tokens to be used for getting IP addresses and try them on yourself
- Word Document
- Custom Image